WOW Pinoy

Shout it that you're PROUD

Jasmine Trias on Ramiele Malubay

Written by Ms. Confuse on Monday, March 03, 2008

LOS ANGELES - When Ramiele Malubay landed on the top 24 contestants in American Idol season 7, she admitted that one of her idols is former "AI" finalist Jasmine Trias.

In an exclusive interview with Philippines News (Janet Susan R. Nepales), Trias gives advice and pointers to Malubay to help the latter realize her dream of becoming the first Filipino American Idol.

Here is the interview.

Do you still watch 'American Idol ever since you left and went on your own?
Yes, I still watch the show every occasionally whenever I get the chance to. I like to keep up with the new talent that appears on the show.

How different or similiar are the contestants during your time and the latest seasons?
Every show is going to be different. There are different contestants, with different personalities and style of singing. However, I think that the Show has not changed in that their goal is to find the next American Idol.

A Filipina American, Ramiele Malubay, made it to the top 24 and from the very first time she auditioned, she already told the judges that you were her idol. Did you see that audition? Ehat can you say about that comment? Do you get a lot of similar reactions from young aspiring singers?
Yes, I saw that audition and I was very happy to hear that I had inspired her in some way. To hear that and to know that I have inspired people with what I love to do, really makes my "job" worth it.

Do you feel pressure that these young aspiring singers looking up to you and that you should always set a good example to them?
Absolutely, setting a good example and being a role model is what being an American Idol is all about. There is an amount of pressure to make sure that I am making good decisions, representing myself in a positive light, to make sure that I am being a good role model because nobody's perfect, people make mistakes, I make mistakes, and it's what makes us human.

What would you advice Ramiele Malubay in order to stay long in the competition?
My advice to Ramiele would be to stay true to who she is, to never give up, to always be strong and positive, to remember to have a great time through this one in a life time experience, and to choose the right song, the song that best represent who you are.

What would you tell her to make it in the industry? What would be the do's and dont's?
In addition to the advice above, I would tell her that there are a lot of snakes in the music industry. So, she needs to surround herself with people that sincerely look out for her best interests; family is very important to have because they will always look out for what is best for you. Finding a good manager is also very important to making it in the industry.


If you were given another chance to join 'American Idol', what would you have done diferently and why?
I would not have done anything differently. I believe that everything that happened, good and bad, on the show happened for a reasin and I would not change anything about my experience.

Do you still get in touch with your former 'American Idol' colleagues? If so, with whom?
I keep occasionally with few American Idol colleagues from my season: Latoya, Camile Velasco, John Stevens, Fantasia, and Jennifer Hudson.

What have you been busy lately?
I have been preparing for my movie that will be shooting with GMA, for my album that will launch in the Philippines and the U.S., and I am getting ready for a promo tour that will promote the movie and my new albums.

Have you been in touch with the judges? With whom?
No. While I was on American Idol, the contestants were not able to create a rapport with the judges outside of the show. Most of the communications with the judges were only on the show, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

What would you tell Ramiele about handling critics and dectators? And Simon Cowell who was not impressed with her at the audition?
She should take the criticism constructively and used it toher advantage to improve for overall talent and performance. Simon will always be Simon, but I would telll him to just lighten up and smile more often.

Official Websites:
http://www.jasminetrias.net
Wikipedia
Myspace Site
Fans Site 1
Fans Site 2
Fans Site 3

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 1 comments: Responses to “ Jasmine Trias on Ramiele Malubay ”

  2. By Anonymous on March 5, 2008 at 7:21 PM

    its good that jasmine trias is a good inspiration on other people like ramiele malubay.

Commonly known as nikky and was bestowed the nickname billyboxergirl by her close peers. Age is a myth for time knows no boundaries. Being the proud mommy she is, she wastes her days away trying to perfect the art of human anatomy.

If you want ur ad here, leave a comment and your email add

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

Add to Technorati Favorites