WOW Pinoy

Shout it that you're PROUD

Half-Pinay half-German is Miss Limburg-Belgium

Written by Ms. Confuse on Thursday, July 31, 2008

Latin beauties may have dominated this year’s Miss Universe beauty pageant but in Belgium, it’s heartening to know that the beauty of a Filipina has taken the local pageant by storm.

In fact, half-Pinay, half-German, Princess Uhrig is one of the early favorites of the twenty finalists vying for Miss Limburg-Belgium beauty contest which will be held in September.

18-year-old Princess who stands 5 feet 7 inches, has already captured the eyes of the pageant’s official photographers. Apart from having a whistle-bait figure (37-27-37), she possesses an exotic beauty which is a far cry from the usual beauty of European women. Though Uhrig has been featured several times in the local newspaper for her unique beauty, this “kayumanggi” lass says she is more than proud of her multi-cultural background.

“My advantage of being half-Filipino, half-German is having an exotic beauty which I think is not common with other people. But for me, it’s my multi-cultural values which set me apart because these make me a better and stronger person”, she said in an interview with ABS-CBN Europe News Bureau. Princess’ mom, Asuncion Besana-Uhrig, hails from Negros Oriental while her dad is German. Despite being born and raised in Belgium, Princess points out she’s incomparable with other European teenagers.

“My parents, especially my mother taught me the Filipino values and culture such as being respectful, hospitable and helpful which I apply in my daily life, in school and with my friends”, she said. For her, winning the contest is not “the name of the game”. Bringing pride to fellow Filipinos is what matters most to her. “To my Filipino kababayan, I will try to do my best to win this contest and I hope I can give pride to my country “, she said.

For those in Belgium who would like to support Princess Uhrig, text ML 07 and send to 3378.Raquel Bernal-Crisostomo

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 5 comments: Responses to “ Half-Pinay half-German is Miss Limburg-Belgium ”

  2. By Anonymous on July 31, 2008 at 7:39 PM

    Nikky,

    Wow! Another Pinay which we can all be proud of.

  3. By Anonymous on August 1, 2008 at 3:11 AM

    18 years old and 5'7, ang tangkad naman! Masuportahan nga ito.

    Btw, chelle, nice ang template mo ngayon, I like it. May work ka na pala. I thought you were busy with your kids again. :-)

  4. By tx sweetie on August 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM

    wow go go go Pinay! You rock.It is indeed a nice article to read.thanks for posting

  5. By Anonymous on August 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM

    nice, another Pinoy on the rise. stand tall, stand proud, iba talaga ang lahing Pilipino! (patriotic mode)

  6. By Anonymous on August 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM

    Hi,

    I'm H. and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

    If you are interested, kindly mail back (k5ino@bigstring.com) and I'll send you pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

    Sincerely,

    H.

Commonly known as nikky and was bestowed the nickname billyboxergirl by her close peers. Age is a myth for time knows no boundaries. Being the proud mommy she is, she wastes her days away trying to perfect the art of human anatomy.

If you want ur ad here, leave a comment and your email add

Enter your email address:

 Subscribe in a reader

Add to Technorati Favorites